Monday, December 17, 2012

I love Zolder!

I had a great week with the Skippy at Zolder. 16 races, 4 wins, 14 top5 finishes. The only two "bad" results were a 6th and 7th - and in both of those I was taken out by someone. For some reason the track seems to suit my style of driving - I've been pretty fast but also really consistent whilst a lot of people have been crashing.

Apart from the wins - most of which were pretty straightforward, I had some awesome races. IN one, I was within 1 sec of the 2nd placed car for 13 laps but couldn't get past him and couldn't force him into a mistake. For the last couple of laps, I backed off - I thought we both deserved a break from the pressure! In another, I broke my fastest lap 5 times in a row and still lost ground on the leaders. Eventually I had a spin trying to go even faster so backed off and settled for 4th. But, the best week racing I've had - my rating has gone up a LOT...

The other series have been OK but nothing particularly noteworthy. Most of the oval tracks were not particularly interesting and I had some really boring races. There were also some really short tracks in operation and they are just a joke - basically you try to stay of of trouble. The other road races were on tracks I really don't like. The Mazda was at Suzuka so I was rubbish and the Riley at Road America - I was 10 secs off the pace in practice so didn't bother doing any races.

Next week Oran Park for the Skippy - practice looks good so hopefully I'll have another good week. The big stock cars are at Talladega so my 1st experience of Superspeedways - it should be fun!

Still no info on the protest against me - I guess it's either been dropped or they take their time making decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment