Monday, April 8, 2013

Season 2 Nearly Over

We're in Week 10 of my 2nd full season now. Because of the series I'm racing in, and the time zone I live in, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find races I want to do during the day. But, I'm still keeping up with the schedule and have had some really good races.

For ovals, I've been concentrating on the Street Stocks, National Class and the Trucks. In the Street Stocks, I'm actually leading my division championship but now we're dropping low scores from previous weeks, I'm likely to lose out next week - my main competitor has got a very low score to drop so he should overtake me. Still, 2nd will be a good result. I'm also 2nd in the National series but with little chance of catching the leader. In the trucks, I'm in the top 10 but slowly getting better - maybe next season I'll have a serious attempt at winning the division championship.

For road racing, I'll all but won 2 championships, both using the Corvette CR6R GT1 car. Mathematically I could still be beaten but it's extremely unlikely, I'm also 2nd in a 3rd championship with the CR6R - with an outside chance of winning and in the same situation in a grand Touring championship using the VW Jetta.

In the time trials, I'm already won 12 division championships although as I explained in the last post, this isn't a great achievement - just persistence...

Time to start planning for next season - I'll probably cut down on the number of different cars I drive and concentrate on getting better in a small number rather than mediocre in lots of cars. The new Kia saloon car should be available so I'll probably race that - I seem to be best in the GT and Touring cars - single Seaters and outright sports cars are too fast for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment